Ballad Health & Niswonger Children’s Hospital Crazy 8s 8K Run
Saturday, July 17th, 8:58 pm
Run the World’s Fastest 8K on the flatter and faster 8K course introduced in 2019. Run the world famous figure-8 course on beautiful candle-lit streets with a rousing finish inside J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Crazy 8s is home to womens’ 8-kilometer world record (Asmae Leghzaoui, 24:27.8, 2002), and held the men’s world record (Peter Githuka, 22:02.2, 1996), until it was broken in 2014, and again in 2018. Crazy 8s wants that mens’ record back and we’ll be going for it this year!
T-Shirts (Keep checking back for unveiling of 2021 shirt)
8K and Totally Crazy entries will receive a vintage-style, high quality t-shirt from Threds (see picture). Always a collector’s item! 3K and Little 8s will receive a cotton blend (same design). T-shirts guaranteed to those who pre-register by July 15th (note: sizes are not guaranteed, but we will try our best to reserve the correct sizes for pre-registered participants). Those who register after July 15th will receive shirts as they last.
Awards and Prizes:
- Unique Crazy 8s Medals – Very nice and unique Crazy 8s medals presented to finishers in the 8K run. Courtesy of The Regional Eye Center.
Unique awards – male and female – Top 8 overall, Top Master
- Top 3 in the following age groups:9 under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 over
- Crazy Mates (2-person teams). Top 3 in following categories: Crazy Couples (Husband/Wife), Crazy Parent/Child, Crazy 88 (2 persons age adding up to 88 or more), Crazy Co-Workers, Crazy BFF (Best Friends)
- Top 3 Clydesdales and Athena
Elite Athlete Prizes:
- The Regional Eye Center World Record Bonus - $10,008 (ten thousand and a Crazy 8 extra dollars!)
Prize Money – Top 8 males in the 8K Run:
- Associated Orthopaedics Of Kingsport Dash For The Gold (1st place male) – $5,000
- 2nd – 8th (male) – $2,500, $1,500, $1,000, $800, $600, $400, $200
Elite Athlete Contact – Hank Brown 423-963-1046
Snacks and refreshments from Food City!