Ballad Health & Niswonger Children’s Hospital Crazy 8s 8K Run
Saturday, July 13th, 8:58 pm
Run the World’s Fastest 8K on a brand new (even faster!) figure-8 course on beautiful candle-lit streets with a rousing finish inside J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Crazy 8s is home to womens’ 8-kilometer world record (Asmae Leghzaoui, 24:27.8, 2002), and held the men’s world record (Peter Githuka, 22:02.2, 1996), until it was broken in 2014, and again in 2018. Crazy 8s wants that mens’ record back and we’ll be going for it this year!
8K and Totally Crazy entries will receive a vintage-style, high quality, soft-tech performance t-shirt from Threds (see picture). Always a collector’s item! 3K and Little 8s will receive a cotton blend (same design). T-shirts guaranteed to those who pre-register by July 10th (note: sizes are not guaranteed, but we will try our best to reserve the correct sizes for pre-registered participants). Those who register after July 10th will receive shirts as they last.
Awards and Prizes:
- Unique Crazy 8s Medals – Very nice and unique Crazy 8s medals presented to finishers in the 8K run. Courtesy of The Regional Eye Center.
Unique awards – male and female – Top 8 overall, Top Master
- Top 3 in the following age groups:9 under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 over
- Crazy Mates (2-person teams). Top 3 in following categories: Crazy Couples (Husband/Wife), Crazy Parent/Child, Crazy 88 (2 persons age adding up to 88 or more), Crazy Co-Workers, Crazy School-Mates
- Top 3 Clydesdales and Athena
Elite Athlete Prizes:
- The Regional Eye Center World Record Bonus - $10,008 (ten thousand and a Crazy 8 extra dollars!)
Prize Money – Top 8 males in the 8 Run:
- Associated Orthopaedics Of Kingsport Dash For The Gold (1st place male) – $5,000
- 2nd – 8th (male) – $2,500, $1,500, $1,000, $800, $600, $400, $200
Elite Athlete Contact – Hank Brown 423-963-1046
Snacks and refreshments from Food City!